FIDDLEBOP NEWSLETTER 3 (17 Nov 2012)
Hi! This is the the third email newsletter from FiddleBop.
We hope that it finds you well and happy despite the November cold and gloom. And, most importantly, we hope that you are happy to find this amongst your email. If not, let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you at a gig soon, we hope! :-)
Dave and Jo
- Next Wednesday (21 Nov 2012) at 8.30 pm: this is the second iteration of 'The Music Lounge' at the Butcher's Arms, Balscote, Oxon (http://www.balscote.com/butchersarms/). FiddleBop are the band for the night! That's Jo on guitar and Dave on fiddle, Roger Davis on bass, and Martin Crowder on the other guitar (and sometimes banjo) in a cosy and intimate pub with smashing Hook Norton beers. What more could you want?
- 8.30 pm on Saturday 1 December 2012. FiddleBop return to the Norman Knight (http://www.thenormanknight.co.uk/) at Whichford, Oxon! Our first gig here was a whole lotta fun, so let's see how good the second one can be! We have Roger Davis on bass again for this one, and Martin Crowder on guitar and banjo. See you there?
- And we have -- we hope -- a surprise special guest joining us (Jo, Dave, Martin, and Rob Adkins on bass) when we return to the Butcher's Arms on Wednesday 19 December 2012, at 8.30 pm! Who could this be? Come along and find out!
- There are more FiddleBop gigs in the pipeline, see http://fiddlebop.org/gigs.html for the latest information.
- Roger Davis is back again on bass after his pneumonia! We played at a private party on 3 November (Mrs Salt's 85th birthday party: thanks, Bob and Amanda!) and Roger laid down a thunderous rhythmical foundation in his usual inimitable style. Good to have you back Roger! And we all greatly enjoyed the energetic dancing...
- For more about FiddleBop's small doings, see http://www.facebook.com/FiddleBop.
All the best!
Dave and Jo