FIDDLEBOP NEWSLETTER 1 (10 Sept 2012)
Hi there -- this is the first email newsletter from FiddleBop. These newsletters will appear occasionally: every month or so when we are busy, less often when things are quiet. We aim to keep the email newsletters short, just right for a quick scan through.
Your email address is in our mailing list, since we thought you might be interested. But if you don't want to receive any more newsletters, then email us at email@example.com and we'll remove you from our list.
Finally, let us know what you think of this first newsletter. Suggestions? Likes? Dislikes? Let us know...
All the best! Hope to see you at a gig soon.
Dave and Jo
- Next Sunday, 16 Sept. This is at Stickley's House, off Main Street, Sibford Gower, Oxon. We'll be playing in the garden (weather permitting) from 2 pm. This is part of an Open Gardens Day in aid of Chipping Norton Theatre. Stickley's looks like a beautiful place and a fine setting for FiddleBop's music. Roger Davis is playing bass, and we've a special guest: Martin Crowder on guitar!
- Sunday 30 Sept, at Chippy Jazz And Music Experience. Lots of great music here. FiddleBop are playing in the garden of The Red Lion, Chipping Norton, Oxon., starting 1 pm. We had a great time here with friends old and new last year. This year's session is going to be even better! Roger Davis is on bass.
- Fancy something more informal? On Thurs 20 Sept we will have another 'Open Practice', starting at 7.30 pm in The Bell at Adderbury, Oxon.. This isn't exactly a gig, and it isn't exactly a practice. But it is always a lot of fun! Rob Adkins is on bass, and special guest Charlie Fothergill on clarinet. Be there or be square!
- For more FiddleBop gigs, see /gigs.html
- We had a great (if wet) Jubilee Day, with gigs in Rollright and at Chipping Norton Festival. See our website for some Chippy pics.
- Dave and Jo went busking at the Edinburgh Fringe in August. Not always easy (think rain and noisy bedlam) but quite an experience... We'll be back!
- Earlier this year, Dave got a new (old) fiddle! It is French: Laberte school, early 20th century, fitted with a Baggs pickup. "Totally wonderful to play" says Dave...
- There will be a new FiddleBop recording soon! This is much needed, because our last recording was in 2008, and is now quite dated. Mark Powell (former Fairport Convention recording engineer, now playing with Serpentyne) will be in charge. FiddleBop CDs for Xmas, anyone?
- For more about FiddleBop, see fiddlebop.org and https://www.facebook.com/FiddleBop.
All the best!
Dave and Jo