FIDDLEBOP NEWSLETTER 4 (12 JAN 2013)
Hi there! Here we have the 4th email newsletter from FiddleBop, the first for 2013. Happy New Year, by the way!
As always, we hope that you are happy to find this in your inbox. If not, tell us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you at a gig soon! :-)
Dave and Jo
- Next Wednesday (16 January 2013) at 8.30 pm, FiddleBop will be at 'The Music Lounge' in the Butcher's Arms, Balscote, Oxon. (http://www.balscote.com/butchersarms/). Come along to this cosy and friendly pub and hear Jo on guitar, Dave on fiddle, Roger Davis on bass, and Martin Crowder on the other guitar (and sometimes banjo). And we sing, too! So join us and shake off that post-Xmas despondency...
- And next Thursday, 17 January 2013, we have an 'Open Practice' at the Bell Inn, Adderbury, Oxon (http://www.thebelladderbury.co.uk/). We start playing about 7.30 pm in a great pub with a great atmosphere, informal and relaxed; so come along and hear Jo, Dave, Martin, and Rob Adkins on bass wrestle with new material and stretch out over old favourites. Chill, man, chill!
- It's Saturday night at the Norman Knight, with FiddleBop! On Saturday 26 January 2013 at 8.30 pm, FiddleBop return to the Norman Knight (http://www.thenormanknight.co.uk/), Whichford, Warwicks! Gigs here get better and better... how much fun will this one be? An award-winning pub with fine beers and fine food, a happy crowd and hot gypsy-flavoured jazz. What more can life offer? Jo, Dave, Martin, and Roger Davis on bass.
- A new venue for us, way down south in Abingdon: on Monday 28 January 2013 at 8.30 pm FiddleBop are playing at The Broad Face (http://thebroadface.co.uk/), Abingdon, Oxon. Come along and see us blaze a path in new territory! Jo, Dave, Martin, and Roger Davis on bass. A small step for FiddleBop, but a great leap for gypsy-flavoured jazz at this venue...?
- And we are back at 'The Music Lounge' on Wednesday 27 February 2013, at 8.30 pm! Why not return with us to the Butcher's Arms Balscote, Oxon (http://www.balscote.com/butchersarms/)? Jo, Dave, Martin, and Rob Adkins on bass.
- Finally: a bit further off, but one to enter into your 2013 diary. On Sunday 30 June 2013, FiddleBop will be playing an 'Open Gardens' fundraiser for Chipping Norton Theatre (http://www.chippingnortontheatre.co.uk/) in Great Rollright, Oxon. Jo, Dave, Martin, and Roger Davis on bass will play hot gypsy-flavoured jazz on a (we hope) hot summer's day! More details as we have them.
- There are more FiddleBop gigs in the pipeline, hopefully at the Falkland Arms (http://www.falklandarms.co.uk/), Great Tew, Oxon., and also later in the summer at Chippy Jazz and Music 2013 (http://www.chippyjazz.org.uk/). See https://fiddlebop.org/gigs.html for the latest information.
- It looks as though the long-awaited (by us, anyhow) FiddleBop new recording will actually take place in early 2013! Hooray!
- For more about FiddleBop's small doings, see http://www.facebook.com/FiddleBop.
All the best!
Dave and Jo