FIDDLEBOP NEWSLETTER 5 (28 JAN 2013)
Hi folks! Here is the fifth FiddleBop newsletter, the second during 2013. We are sending this out a bit earlier than planned because we'd like to warn you that one of our gigs has been cancelled. We wouldn't like you to come to see us then find we are not there! (Badly put, but I guess you know what I mean...)
The cancelled gig would have been this evening, Monday 28 Jan, at The Broad Face in Abingdon. This had to be cancelled since the landlord is disposing of the pub. A replacement gig in Abingdon is planned, date TBA. We'll keep you informed!
Before you do set out for any of our gigs, it is a good idea to check the gig listing on the FiddleBop website (https://fiddlebop.org/gigs.html) before setting out. This is always kept up to date.
As always, we hope that you are happy to receive this newsletter. If not, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you at a gig soon! :-)
Dave and Jo
- Next Tuesday (that's 5 February 2013) at 8.30 pm, FiddleBop will be guests at the Tuesday Mill Jam, at the Mill Arts Centre, Banbury, Oxon. We have Rob Adkins on bass for this set. Some special guests (are these "guests of a guest"?) at this one!
- And on Wednesday 27 February 2013 at 8.30 pm, we return to 'The Music Lounge' at the Butcher's Arms, Balscote, Oxon. Again with Rob Adkins on bass. A relaxed and informal gig in a nice friendly pub!
- There are more FiddleBop gigs in the pipeline, including a return to The Norman Knight at Whichford, and our not-cancelled-but-merely-postponed Abingdon debut. See https://fiddlebop.org/gigs.html for the latest information.
- Bassist Roger has been unwell, and had to miss our recent Norman Knight gig. Get well real soon Roger! Our friend Karl Wagner (from the Blue Meanies: http://www.bluemeanies.biz/) stood in on bass at this gig, thank you Karl!
- Jo and Dave, along with fellow gypsy jazz fans Bob and Amanda, went to "Le QuecumBar" in south London recently. What a show! Superb music on the anniversary of Django Reinhardt's birthday... We highly recommend Le QuecumBar for a special night out. Not cheap, but a real treat: http://quecumbar.co.uk/.
- For more about FiddleBop's small doings, see http://www.facebook.com/FiddleBop.
All the best!
Dave and Jo