FIDDLEBOP NEWSLETTER 6 (26 MARCH 2013)
Hi there! Spring-time (yes, really) greetings to you! We hope that the sun is shining when you read this :-)
Here, direct to your inbox, is the sixth FiddleBop newsletter. Written on a train on the way to Essex, which is a first, for FiddleBop at least. This time, we've quite a few new gigs in the future gig list. Which is good! However we'd hoped to have some recording done by the time this newsletter was sent, but we are still waiting to start this. More next time...
That's all for now, except to say that if the late-arriving spring and the continued gloomy news headlines get you down, then come along to a FiddleBop gig and bop yourself happy! But always remember to check the gig listing on the FiddleBop website (/gigs.html) before setting out, since we've recently had cancellations when pubs have closed down at very short notice. The website list is always kept up to date.
Finally, we hope that you like receiving these newsletters. If not, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All the best! See you at a gig soon! :-)
Dave and Jo
- 8.30 pm, Wednesday 27 March 2013: 'The Music Lounge' at the Butcher's Arms, Balscote, Oxon. Relaxed, friendly, cosy... sometimes we forget and think we are still at home practicing! Join us for a convivial pint and chat.
- 8.30 pm, Saturday 6 April: The Norman Knight, Whichford, Warwicks. Always a lively and fun gig, at this one we intend to "drive the cold winter away"! Warm the cockles of your heart! Fine beer and fine food, courtesy of Tim the landlord.
- 8 pm, Tuesday 23 April 2013: The Falkland Arms, Great Tew, Oxon. A new venue for us, but well-known for a good pint and/or great food in a lovely setting. Now with added FiddleBop... see you there?
- Saturday 18 May 2013: 'Party in the Pews' at Swalcliffe church, Oxon. More news to follow on this, but it promises to be a very lively fund-raising event...
- Sunday 30 June 2013: Chipping Norton Festival 2013, Chipping Norton, Oxon. Our third return booking at this annual festival. Will this year be less rainy than the previous two? Join us and find out!
- Sunday 30 June 2013: 'Open Gardens' fundraiser for Chipping Norton Theatre, at Great Rollright, Oxon. Beautiful settings at these events, with FiddleBop doing our best to provide equally fine music :-)
- 7 pm, Saturday 6 July 2013: Swerford Village BBQ, Swerford, Oxon. More news to follow. Swerford is a friendly village, so expect good company and music to match, under (we hope) blazing summer sunshine!
- Sunday 8 September 2013: 'Open Gardens' fundraiser for Chipping Norton Theatre, at Bourton House garden, Bourton-on-the-Water, Gloucs. This is a spectacular place! So come along and listen to some equally spectacular jazz from FiddleBop...
- Sunday 29 September 2013: Chippy Jazz And Music 2013, Chipping Norton, Oxon. Back again at our very own local jazz festival, this is always a high spot in our year! CJAM gets better and better each time... don't miss it!
- Memory lane? Dave recently returned to the Poechenellekelder ("Puppet Cellar", more or less) in Brussels. Dave gigged in this bar with The Rollright Stones in 1979. It still sells a wonderful variety of beers!
- No more news this month. For up-to-date info on FiddleBop's small doings, see https://www.facebook.com/FiddleBop.
All the best!
Dave and Jo