FIDDLEBOP NEWSLETTER 7 (10 JUNE 2013)
Hi there: summer greetings from FiddleBop! Yes, some warmer weather did finally get here. About time too! And of course, the perfect complement to all this long-awaited summer heat is a cool drink with hot jazz from
We have a good few gigs - or should that "a few good gigs"? - lined up, in venues small and large (bigger than a pub anyway). The latest list is below. But always remember to check the gig listing at https://fiddlebop.org/gigs.html before setting out. We hope to glimpse your smiling-and-possibly-sweaty face at a FiddleBop gig soon!
And we finally managed to do some recording, courtesy of Steve White. Thanks, Steve! FiddleBop recorded eight demo tracks, more or less live, mostly during one Saturday in May. Dave is still tidying these up, but
they will be ready "real soon now" (and where have you heard that before?) There will be more about the recordings in the next newsletter (There, that has set me a deadline...)
Finally, we hope that you like receiving these newsletters. If not, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All the best! Enjoy the summer while it is here!
Dave and Jo
- 8 pm or thereabouts on Wednesday 12 June 2013: FiddleBop are at 'The
Wednesday Music Lounge' in the Butcher's Arms, Balscote, Oxon
(http://www.balscote.com/butchersarms/). Is there a more relaxed and
intimately friendly venue than this one? Ken the landlord offers a fine
convivial pint and FiddleBop provide the music.
- 8.30 pm, Saturday 15 June 2013: a return to the Norman Knight,
Whichford, Warwicks (http://www.thenormanknight.co.uk/). Let's have a
party! Great beer and food in this popular, award-winning pub. Tim the
landlord has promised to join us on percussion, and we've at least one
mystery guest lined up...
- 11 am, Saturday 22 June 2013: 'Something For The Weekend', in the bar
of Chipping Norton Theatre, Chipping Norton, Oxon
(http://www.chippingnortontheatre.co.uk/). Come along and get your
Saturday off to a bracing start with some FiddleBop jazz!
- 11.30 am, Sunday 30 June 2013: Chipping Norton Festival 2013,
next to the Town Hall at Chipping Norton, Oxon
(http://chippyfest.com/). This is our third return booking at this
annual festival (and the second time we've done it as part of a two-gigs-in-one-day schedule). ChippyFest is always lots of fun for
everyone involved. But will it be less rainy this year than it was for
the last two years? Join us and find out!
- 2 pm, Sunday 30 June 2013: an 'Open Gardens' fundraiser for Chipping
Norton Theatre, at Tyte Court, Old Forge Road, Great Rollright, Oxon.
We have a really nice garden setting for our second gig of the day. So
it is up to FiddleBop to provide equally fine music! And since Tyte
Court is almost opposite Jo and Dave's new hobbit-hole-in-the-sky (see
below), you could always pop in for a post-gig cuppa...
- 12 pm, Friday 5 July 2013: a private garden party for Young Dementia UK, at Tubney, Oxon.
- 7 pm, Saturday 6 July 2013: Swerford Village BBQ, Swerford, Oxon. More
news to follow on this one. Swerford is a friendly village, so expect
good company and music to match, under (we hope) blazing summer
- 3.30 pm, Sunday 7 July 2013: another Open Garden fundraiser, this
time for various charities and held at Arley House, East End, Hook
Norton, Oxon. More news to follow on this, too.
- 6.30 pm, Saturday 13 July 2013: oho! A beer festival at the Falkland
Arms, Great Tew, Oxon (http://www.falklandarms.co.uk/)! This will be
lots of fun, for sure... the Falkland Arms is well-known for a great
pint and/or great food in a lovely setting. And we've a guest artiste
joining us for this one! See you there?
- Sunday 8 September 2013: an 'Open Gardens' fundraiser for Chipping
Norton Theatre, this time at Bourton House garden, Bourton-on-the-
Hill, Gloucs (http://www.bourtonhouse.com/the-garden-bourtonhouse-cotswolds). Which is a really spectacular place, definitely worth
seeing... With FiddleBop providing equivalent musical spectacle, how
can you not join us there?
- Sunday 29 September 2013: Chippy Jazz And Music 2013, Chipping
Norton, Oxon (http://chippyjazz.com). Back again at our very
own local jazz festival, which is always a high spot in our year! CJAM
gets better and better each time... don't miss it!
- FiddleBop has recorded a new demo. Ready soon!
- Jo and Dave have finally moved to Great Rollright, to a loft with
curved ceilings (which is why we think it is a bit like a hobbit hole,
but not underground). And now that we are more or less settled in,
guess what we have sharing the loft with us?
- OK, did anyone spot the mistake in the last newsletter? The email
title announced it as newsletter 6 (correct) but the gig list said that
it was newsletter 5 (not correct). Which is what comes of writing a
newsletter on a train...
- For up-to-date info on FiddleBop's small doings, see http://www.facebook.com/FiddleBop.
All the best!
Dave and Jo